Who can apply?
- Transit Visa is meant for taking next connecting flight from India to some other destination within 72 hours. Transit visa is given with a validity period of 15 days from the date of issue. It can be single entry or double entry depending on the requirement of the applicant. The visa is non-extendable and non-convertible.
|APPLICANT(S) RESIDING IN THE FOLLOWING REGIONS SHOULD APPLY AT THEIR DESIGNATED APPLICATION CENTRE||BLS APPLICATION CENTRE|
|British Columbia, Yukon, Alberta, Saskatchewan||Vancouver, Surrey, Edmonton, Calgary|
|Ontario, Quebec except for areas under the Ottawa Jurisdiction, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland||Toronto, Winnipeg, Brampton|
|National Capital region of Ottawa-Hull, Kingston, Cornwell, Hawkesbury, Arnprior, Renfrew, Perth Prescott, Brockville, Carleton Place, Smith Falls, Morrisburg (all in Ontario), Montreal (in Quebec) and Nunavut territory||Ottawa or Montreal|
- Online visa application form duly filled and signed by the applicant Click Here.
- One recent passport size (51 mm x 51mm) photograph For specification: Click here
- A current valid passport with minimum of 190 days validity and two blank visa pages
- For Canadian passport holders: Please sign page no. 3 of the passport
- All documentation mentioned in Transit Visa Checklist (Note: duly filled and signed by applicant for each application).
- All Non-Canadian passport holders need to submit a completed and signed ‘Additional form for Non-Canadian Nationals’
- All Sri Lankan Nationals/Origins need to submit a completed and signed ‘Additional form for Sri Lankan Origins
- All Chinese Nationals need to submit a completed and signed ‘Additional form for Chinese Nationals'
Applicants are advised to submit visa applications minimum 15 days in advance of their travel plans.
- Please be advised that the estimated processing times are mentioned below. However, how long an application will take to process is also dependent on the following factors such as; the city the application was submitted in, in which city or country was the previous / old passport issued your current visa status and etc. The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport. Please keep in mind that incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time.
- You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service. BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections.
Note: Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
|Ottawa Jurisdiction||Toronto Jurisdiction||Vancouver Jurisdiction|
|Canadian National (7 - 10 Working days)
Non-Canadian National (10 - 15 Working days)
| Canadian National (7 Working days)
Non- Canadian National (15-21 Working days)
| Canadian National (7 - 10 Working days)
Non-Canadian National (10 - 15 Working days)
- Processing time mentioned above is an approximate estimate from HCI / CGI. Therefore, BLS International has no influence on the processing time taking when under process at HCI / CGI, if crosses the normal processing time. Applicants are requested to not make a travel arrangement before receiving the valid visa.
- Applicants are requested to contact BLS helpline only if the normal processing time (working days) is exceeded. BLS International will in turn forward the information to HCI / CGI but in any case BLS International cannot guaranty the processing time that will be taken after normal processing time due to subject to clearance reason. Contact HCI / CGI procedure: Only after normal processing time has exceeded, applicant can contact the nearest Indian Mission via email for information beyond BLS International Service conditions (For more info: Visit Useful links on BLS Canada website). Note: HCI / CGI will not respond to emails for information processing time, if the application has not exceeded the normal processing time as stated above. HCI / CGI will make all affords to respond the applicant at the earliest (Respond time for the email from HCI / CGI is based on many factors at Indian Mission. Hence, BLS International cannot guaranty any turnaround time for email respond from HCI / CGI.
- Duration of the Visa is the sole discretion of the Indian Mission officer. Hence, if applicant has paid for longer validity and has received short validity there would be no refund on HCI / CGI fees under any condition. (Any clarification on any matter towards Visa issued only: Applicant needs to address this at Indian Mission directly via email. (For more information: Visit useful links on BLS Canada website). As BLS International has no influence of the Visa issued by HCI / CGI.
- Important note: The BLS International Call Centre or BLS International Centre in Canada is unable to take Courier redirection address request: Due to logistic reason: BLS International is unable to receive any request from applicant for re-directly of courier address after the application is process at the Centre (This is to avoid security risk of delivery of the passport) or cannot hold back the passport at the Centre under any condition. Applicant are requested to calculate the processing + dispatch of courier time or the above information highlighted on subject to clearance at HCI / CGI and provide a final address for receiving the passport in or out of province of Canada. Note: Under any condition: Original Passport or other original documentation + copies will not be dispatch out of Canada.
- Incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time.
Travel arrangements must be made only after receiving relevant service.
- BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejection
- Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport.
Factors which influence the average application processing time are:
- Location of the application center
- City or country where the previous / old passport was issued
- Current visa status
Visa Fee Schedule
Please note that the fees / processing charge is non-refundable and non-transferable
Mode of payment:
1) In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
- Debit Card - (Interac)
- Cash (Applicant are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
2) Postal Applications:
- Kindly provide CERTIFIED CHEQUE only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes Visa Fee + 7.40 (BLS Service charge) + ($20 or $30 for Return courier fee within Province OR for outside province respectively), to send back your processed application
- Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders
- Postal applications can be sent only to the Ottawa, Brampton, and Vancouver application service center.
- Please note that postal applications will not be processed until the proper visa fees, service charges and courier charges are paid.
Note: "We are not providing any pickup and drop off service for PO box address. Applicant has to arrange his/her own pickup and need to provide self addressed printed prepaid return envelope. Also, we do not guarantee for the delivery at PO box address".
|Nationality||Duration Fee||Visa Fee||Consular Surcharge||BLS Service fee||Reference Fee||Total|
|Canadian||validity 15 days||31||2||7.4||-||40.4|
|Afghanistan||validity 15 days||0||2||7.4||20||29.4|
|Argentina||validity 15 days||0||2||7.4||20||29.4|
|Bangladesh||validity 15 days||0||2||7.4||20||29.4|
|Korea||validity 15 days||0||2||7.4||20||29.4|
|Jamaica||validity 15 days||0||2||7.4||20||29.4|
|Maldives||validity 15 days||0||2||7.4||20||29.4|
|Mauritius||validity 15 days||0||2||7.4||20||29.4|
|South Africa||validity 15 days||0||2||7.4||20||29.4|
|Uruguay||validity 15 days||0||2||7.4||20||29.4|
|Mongolia||validity 15 days||0||2||7.4||20||29.4|
|Japanese||validity 15 days||23||2||7.4||20||52.4|
|US nationals||validity 15 days||82||2||7.4||20||111.4|
|Romanian||validity 15 days||151||2||7.4||20||180.4|
|Russian||validity 15 days||62(SE)||2||7.4||20||91.4|
|validity 15 days||138(DE)||2||7.4||20||167.4|
|validity 15 days||184(ME)||2||7.4||20||213.4|
|Other nationalities||validity 15 days||51||2||7.4||20||80.4|
|Issue of Restricted Area Permit|
Checklist / Forms
Checklist and Forms for Transit Visa is available for downloading from this section. Use the link given below to download the checklist.
|Checklist||Online Visa Application Form||Visa Application Sample Form|
|Toronto||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Vancouver||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Ottawa||Click here||Click here||Click here|
Note:An Application Form cannot be submitted at the Visa Application Centre on an applicant's behalf. It is recommended that you post/courier your application, as this will save your travel to and queuing time at the Centre.