Who can apply?
- The Tourist visa is issued to people who wish to visit India for tourist purposes i.e. Recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives etc. The visa is non - extendable and non-convertible. No other activity is permissible on Tourist visa.
Re-entry into India within 2 months on a Tourist Visa.
All nationals of Afghanistan, China, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, Maldives, foreigners of Pakistani and stateless persons require a minimum 2 month gap between two (2) visits to India on a Tourist Visa.
A Tourist Visa-on-Arrival shall be granted to a foreigners who are national of Finland, Japan, Myanmar, Indonesia, New Zealand, Luxemburg, Cambodia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines & Laos, whose sole purpose of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives etc and no other purpose/ activity.
Tourist Visa on arrival is issued with a maximum validity of 30 days with single entry facility by the Immigration officer at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata Airports and NOT in any other Immigration Check Posts (ICPs).
For further information please follow the link : Tourist Visa-on-Arrival
|APPLICANT(S) RESIDING IN THE FOLLOWING REGIONS SHOULD APPLY AT THEIR DESIGNATED APPLICATION CENTRE||BLS APPLICATION CENTRE|
|British Columbia, Yukon, Alberta, Saskatchewan||Vancouver, Surrey, Edmonton, Calgary|
|Ontario, Quebec except for areas under the Ottawa Jurisdiction, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland||Toronto, Winnipeg, Brampton|
|National Capital region of Ottawa-Hull, Kingston, Cornwell, Hawkesbury, Arnprior, Renfrew, Perth Prescott, Brockville, Carleton Place, Smith Falls, Morrisburg (all in Ontario), Montreal (in Quebec) and Nunavut territory||Ottawa or Montreal|
All Postal applications can be sent to the Ottawa, Brampton and Surrey application centers only. For more information on Postal services click here
- Online visa application form duly filled and signed by the applicant Click Here.
- One recent passport size (51 mm x 51mm) photographs in color, showing full frontal view of face against a white background to be pasted on the application form For specification: Click here
- A current valid passport with minimum of 190 days validity and two blank visa pages
- All documentation mentioned in Tourist Visa Checklist (Note: duly filled and signed by applicant for each application). Click here
- All Non-Canadian passport holders need to submit a completed and signed ‘Additional form for Non-Canadian Nationals’
- All Sri Lankan Nationals/Origins need to submit a completed and signed ‘Additional form for Sri Lankan Origins
- All Chinese Nationals need to submit a completed and signed ‘Additional form for Chinese Nationals'
Note: Emengency Visa (For person of Indian origins travelling due to humanitarian gounds only - Subject to approval / clearance from HCI / CGI Indian Mission Officer: Applicant needs to apply directly at HCI / CGI. For documentation and instruction on how to apply / eligbility visit HCI / CGI website Click Here).
Applicants are advised to submit visa applications minimum 15 days in advance of their travel plans.
- Please be advised that the estimated processing times are mentioned below. However, how long an application will take to process is also dependent on the following factors such as; the city the application was submitted in, in which city or country was the previous / old passport issued your current visa status and etc. The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport. Please keep in mind that incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time.
- You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service. BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections.
Note: Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
|Ottawa Jurisdiction||Toronto Jurisdiction||Vancouver Jurisdiction|
|Canadian National (7 - 10 Working days)||Canadian National (4-5 working days)||Canadian National (5 - 7 Working days)|
|Non-Canadian National (10 - 15 Working days)||Non-Canadian National (7 - 10 Working days)||Non-Canadian National (10 - 15 Working days)|
|Afghan, Iran, China, Iraq, Pakistan+ Person of Pakistani Origin, Sudan(6 Weeks)||Afghani, Iran, China, DPRK, Bangladesh, (PPT Holders/Origin (4-Working days)||Afghani, Iran, China, DPRK, Bangladesh, (PPT Holders/Origin (4 Weeks)|
|Sri-Lanka(PPT Holders/Origin(7-10 Working days)||Sri-Lanka (PPT Holders/Origin (5-7 Working days)||Sri-Lanka (PPT Holders/Origin (6 - 7 Weeks)|
- Processing time mentioned above is an approximate estimate from HCI / CGI. Therefore, BLS International has no influence on the processing time taking when under process at HCI / CGI, if crosses the normal processing time. Applicants are requested to not make a travel arrangement before receiving the valid visa.
- Applicants are requested to contact BLS helpline only if the normal processing time (working days) is exceeded. BLS International will in turn forward the information to HCI / CGI but in any case BLS International cannot guaranty the processing time that will be taken after normal processing time due to subject to clearance reason. Contact HCI / CGI procedure: Only after normal processing time has exceeded, applicant can contact the nearest Indian Mission via email for information beyond BLS International Service conditions (For more info: Visit Useful links on BLS Canada website). Note: HCI / CGI will not respond to emails for information processing time, if the application has not exceeded the normal processing time as stated above. HCI / CGI will make all affords to respond the applicant at the earliest (Respond time for the email from HCI / CGI is based on many factors at Indian Mission. Hence, BLS International cannot guaranty any turnaround time for email respond from HCI / CGI.
- Duration of the Visa is the sole discretion of the Indian Mission officer. Hence, if applicant has paid for longer validity and has received short validity there would be no refund on HCI / CGI fees under any condition. (Any clarification on any matter towards Visa issued only: Applicant needs to address this at Indian Mission directly via email. (For more information: Visit useful links on BLS Canada website). As BLS International has no influence of the Visa issued by HCI / CGI.
- Important note: The BLS International Call Centre or BLS International Centre in Canada is unable to take Courier redirection address request: Due to logistic reason: BLS International is unable to receive any request from applicant for re-directly of courier address after the application is process at the Centre (This is to avoid security risk of delivery of the passport) or cannot hold back the passport at the Centre under any condition. Applicant are requested to calculate the processing + dispatch of courier time or the above information highlighted on subject to clearance at HCI / CGI and provide a final address for receiving the passport in or out of province of Canada. Note: Under any condition: Original Passport or other original documentation + copies will not be dispatch out of Canada.
- Incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time.
Travel arrangements must be made only after receiving relevant service.
- BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejection
- Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport.
Factors which influence the average application processing time are:
- Location of the application center
- City or country where the previous / old passport was issued
- Current visa status
Visa Fee Schedule
Please note that the fees / processing charge is non-refundable and non-transferable
Mode of payment:
1) In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
- Debit Card - (Interac)
- Cash (Applicant are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
2) Postal Applications:
- Kindly Provide Postal order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., which includes the Visa Fee + 7.40 (BLS Service charges) +20 (Return courier fees), to send back your processed application.
- Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.
- Postal applications can be sent only to the Ottawa, Brampton and Vancouver application Service Centers.
- Please note that postal applications will not be processed until the correct documents, visa fees, service charge and courier is paid.
|Nationality||Duration Fees||Visa Fee||Consular Surcharge||BLS Service fee||Reference Fee||Total|
|Non Canadian||6 months||62||2||7.4||20||91.4|
|U.S||10 years (Only for Ottawa/Montréal)||250||2||7.4||20||279.4|
|South Africa||6 months||0||2||7.4||20||29.4|
|Sri Lankan||3 months||40||2||7.4||20||69.4|
|Issue of Restricted Area Permit|
Click below mention links to download forms
Checklist for Tourist Visa is available for downloading from this section. Use the link given below to download the checklist.Tourist Visa Checklist (Ottawa Only)
Tourist Visa Checklist (Toronto Only)
Tourist Visa Checklist (Vancouver Only)
Note:An Application Form cannot be submitted at the Visa Application Centre on an applicant's behalf. It is recommended that you post/courier your application, as this will save your travel to and queuing time at the Centre.