> Police Clearance Certificate
This is a document that is issued by the High Commission of India / Consulate General(s) of India, certifying that the applicant has never partaken in any criminal activity that led to the involvement of the Indian police, and is also required when a person applies for an emigration status to other countries.
Foreign nationals applying for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) are required to state the period of stay in India. Documentary proof of stay is to be provided.
|APPLICANT(S) RESIDING IN THE FOLLOWING REGIONS SHOULD APPLY AT THEIR DESIGNATED APPLICATION CENTRE||BLS APPLICATION CENTRE|
|British Columbia, Yukon, Alberta, Saskatchewan||Vancouver, Surrey, Edmonton, Calgary|
|Ontario ,Quebec except for areas under the Ottawa Jurisdiction, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland||Toronto, Winnipeg, Brampton|
|National Capital region of Ottawa-Hull, Kingston, Cornwell, Hawkesbury, Arnprior, Renfrew, Perth Prescott, Brockville, Carleton Place, Smith Falls, Morrisburg (all in Ontario), Montreal (in Quebec) and Nunavut territory||Ottawa or Montreal|
All Postal applications can be sent only to the Ottawa, Brampton and Vancouver application Centers. For more information on Postal services click here
- Duly Filled & signed application form. Click here
- Applicant signatures should be in black.
- Additional Police clearance reference form (Refer checklist for more info). Click here
- 4 recent photographs for Indian / Foreign National with size 35mm X 35mm. Refer website for photograph specification. For specification: Click here. Recommended Avail PHOTOGRAPH Services at Centre Only.
- All documentation mentioned in Police Clearance Certificate Checklist (Note: duly filled and signed by applicant for each application). Click here
Please note that the fees / processing charge is non-refundable and non-transferable
Mode of payment:
1) In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
- Debit Card - (Interac)
- Cash (Applicant are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
2) Postal Applications:
- Kindly Provide Postal order only in favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc., Which includes Passport fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees, to send back your processed application.
- Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.
- Postal applications can be sent only to the Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver application Service Centers.
Note: "We are not providing any pickup and drop off service for PO box address. Applicant has to arrange his/her own pickup and need to provide self addressed printed prepaid return envelope. Also, we do not guarantee for the delivery at PO box address".
Please note that postal applications will not be processed until the correct fee+ consular surcharge fee, service charge and courier is paid.
|S.No||Particulars||Consular fee(CAD$)||Consular Surcharge(CAD$)||BLS Fee(CAD$)||Total fee|
|1||Police Clearance Certificate (Indian Passport Holder)||34||2||7.40||43.40|
|2||Police Clearance Certificate (Canadian Passport Holder) For all applications from Toronto, Vancouver and Ottawa Jurisdictions||38||2||7.40||47.40|
Please be advised that the estimated processing times are mentioned below. However, how long an application will take to process is also dependent on the following factors such as; the city the application was submitted in, in which city or country was the previous / old passport issued, your current visa status and etc. The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport. Please keep in mind that incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time.
You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service. BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections.
|Ottawa Jurisdiction||Toronto Jurisdiction||Vancouver Jurisdiction|
|Minimum Processing Time is 10 working days.||Minimum Processing Time: 8-10 working days.
Note : In some cases where online Police Verification Report of the individual is not available, issuance of PCC may take longer time. The Consulate would communicate to the applicant once the report is received and PCC is ready to be issued.
|Minimum Processing Time is 4-6 weeks.|
Note: Issue of Police Clearance Certificate requires references to authorities in India and elsewhere. Consulate can issue PCC only on receipt of clear police report from authorities in India which may take several months. The Consulate would communicate to the applicant once the report is received and PCC is ready to be issued.
Note: Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- Processing time mentioned above is an approximate estimate from HCI / CGI. Therefore, BLS International has no influence on the processing time taking when under process at HCI / CGI, if crosses the normal processing time. Applicants are requested to not make a travel arrangement before receiving the valid visa.
- Applicants are requested to contact BLS helpline only if the normal processing time (working days) is exceeded. BLS International will in turn forward the information to HCI / CGI but in any case BLS International cannot guaranty the processing time that will be taken after normal processing time due to subject to clearance reason. Contact HCI / CGI procedure: Only after normal processing time has exceeded, applicant can contact the nearest Indian Mission via email for information beyond BLS International Service conditions (For more info: Visit Useful links on BLS Canada website). Note: HCI / CGI will not respond to emails for information processing time, if the application has not exceeded the normal processing time as stated above. HCI / CGI will make all affords to respond the applicant at the earliest (Respond time for the email from HCI / CGI is based on many factors at Indian Mission. Hence, BLS International cannot guaranty any turnaround time for email respond from HCI / CGI.
- Important note: The BLS International Call Centre or BLS International Centre in Canada is unable to take Courier redirection address request: Due to logistic reason: BLS International is unable to receive any request from applicant for re-directly of courier address after the application is process at the Centre (This is to avoid security risk of delivery of the passport) or cannot hold back the passport at the Centre under any condition. Applicant are requested to calculate the processing + dispatch of courier time or the above information highlighted on subject to clearance at HCI / CGI and provide a final address for receiving the passport in or out of province of Canada. Note: Under any condition: Original Passport or other original documentation + copies will not be dispatch out of Canada.
- Incomplete applications will lead to a delay in the processing of an application, and all applicant(s) are requested to comply with any changes that may occur during this time.
Travel arrangements must be made only after receiving relevant service.
- BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejection
- Applications sent by post will take additional 3-4 working days for processing.
- The estimated processing time mentioned below does not include the time that the courier company will take to deliver the passport.
Click below mention links to download checklist
|Checklist||Police Clearance Application Form||Police Clearance Sample Form||Police Clearance Reference Form||Police Clearance Reference SampleForm|
|Toronto||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Vancouver||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|Ottawa||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here||Click here|
Note:An Application Form cannot be submitted at the Visa Application Centre on an applicant's behalf. It is recommended that you post/courier your application, as this will save your travel to and queuing time at the Centre.