Type of Visa
Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)
How to Apply
- Online Registration (Using Microsoft Internet Explorer only): The OCI Application is in two parts, Part A and Part B. Part A MUST be submitted on-line by visiting the link - Click Here. Alternatively, the Form can also be submitted online on the Ministry of Home Affairs website http://www.mha.nic.in/ at Online Registration on the “OCI Scheme” page.
- Part A is tamper proof. Once Part A has been submitted online the applicant cannot make any changes to it. Please ensure that all information is filled in carefully and tallies with the supporting documents (e.g. Indian passport, Landing Certificate and Canadian passport). In case of any mistake, applicant should submit Part A again by filling the correct information.
Part B cannot be filled online. It is meant for all members of the family, not exceeding four including the applicant. In case a family exceeds four members, separate individual applications must be submitted for others. Part B of the form should be filled either by hand in legible CAPITAL LETTERS or typed. Additional sheets can be used in case the space provided in the OCI application form is insufficient.
Both Part A and Part B are required to be submitted along with all documents mentioned in the Check-list. When the application is submitted complete with all required documents a web reference number will be issued for future reference and online tracking. Kindly note that this reference number is NOT the one generated at the time of online submission of Part A.
Kindly refer to the checklist of documents to file an OCI Application. Complete a separate checklist and application form for each person applying and ensure the documents are completed accurately and signed where needed.
ORIGINAL AND PHOTOCOPY OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR OCI APPLICATIONS
(Originals will be returned after verification (The minimum processing time to return the original documents is 15 working days.) in the return envelope attached with the application)
- Canadian Passport – Current passport which has validity of at least 6 months.
- Previous Indian Passport(s) – The one on which the applicant entered Canada (with the Landing Stamp at the time of entry into Canada) and the last Indian passport issued (before acquiring Canadian citizenship).
- Surrender Certificate - Surrender certificate for surrender/cancellation of Indian passport on acquisition of foreign citizenship. In case Indian passport has been surrendered and/or cancelled before 1st June 2010, Surrender Certificate is NOT required.
- Record of landing (IMM 1000)/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) – If the applicant is born at a place outside Canada, Record of Landing/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence is required. In case of unmarried/single applicants, parents Record of Landing and landing passport are required. In case of married applicants, spouse’s Record of landing & landing passport are required. In case of divorcee applicants, divorce certificate issued by the court should be submitted. If the parents/spouse have never landed in Canada an affidavit to this effect should be submitted. In case original Record of Landing/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence is not available / lost, submit a duplicate/certified true file copy of IMM 1000 – Record of landing or IMM 5292 – Confirmation of Permanent Residence issued by the Canadian Immigration authorities.
- Citizenship paper issued by the Canadian authorities (at the time of Oath ceremony) mentioning the exact date of acquiring the Canadian Citizenship of the applicant. In case Citizenship letter is not available, any other document issued by the concerned Canadian authorities mentioning the exact date (i.e. day, month and year) of acquiring the Canadian citizenship should be sent. If no such document is available then a search letter may be obtained from the Ministry of Citizenship and Multiculturalism.
- Persons of Indian Original (PIO) card(s), if any.
- Overseas Citizenship Certificate, if any, along with old and new Canadian passports - These documents are required in case of transfer of OCI U-visa from old Canadian passport to new Canadian passport or issue of duplicate OCI.
- Statement of Live Birth (Detailed Birth Certificate mentioning parents name etc.) in case of birth outside India. The applicant should also submit parent(s)’s Indian and Canadian Passports along with their original Record(s) of Landing etc. If original Record of Landing is lost/misplaced, a duplicate/certified true copy should be obtained from Canadian Immigration authorities.
- Two photograph of size 51mm x 51mm for each applicant to be pasted on Part A of the application form. The photograph should be of good quality taken against a light coloured (NOT WHITE) background showing a shot up to shoulders with full frontal view of face. As the photograph is to be scanned for documents the resolution of photograph should be high. Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected.
LIST OF THE PHOTOCOPIES OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WITH OCI APPLICATIONS
1. In case of SINGLE APPLICANT:
a) Photocopy of relevant pages of Canadian passport;
b) Photocopy of relevant pages of Indian passport, (i.e. personal information, including the page where
Landing Immigration stamp is affixed and the last page).
c) Photocopy of PIO Card, if any
d) Photocopy of Record of Landing.
e) Photocopy of Record of Landing and landing passport of spouse, if married.
f) Photocopy of Record of Landings and landing passports of parents, if unmarried (and if applicable).
g) Photocopy of Citizenship Certificate (not the Citizenship card).
h) Photocopy of divorce certificate, if applicable.
i) Any other document(s) submitted in support of the application.
2. In case of FAMILY APPLICATION:
(Main applicant, spouse and up to two minor children under 18 years of age)
a) PART A of the main applicant
b) PART A of the spouse
c) PART A of the first minor child, if applicable
d) PART A of the second minor child, if applicable
e) PART B, duly signed by the applicant and spouse, giving details of all applicants in Columns 19, 20 and 21
f) Photocopies of all documents for all applicants in the same order as mentioned at (1) above
- Ensure that all columns in part A (Online) & B (Hand written) are filled in and signed and no column should be left blank.
- In all applications, photograph should be pasted/affixed (NOT STAPLED) in the box of Part A.
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted by the officer from Indian Visa and Consular Services Center Canada
- If the applicant is in India, he/she can apply to the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata or Amritsar or Chief Immigration Officer (CHIO) Chennai or to the Under Secretary, Citizenship Section, Foreigners Division, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Jaisalmer House, 26 Mansingh Road, New Delhi-110011.
Please note that the fees / processing charge are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Mode of payment:
1) In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
- Credit Cards -Visa & MasterCard (cards locally issued in Canada)
- Debit Card - (Interact card)
- All money orders and bank drafts are made payable to BLS_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
2) Postal Applications:
- Kindly Provide Postal order only in favor of BLS_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, which includes Passport fee + consular fee + BLS Service charges + Return courier fees (10 CAD), to send back your processed application.
- Kindly do not enclose any cash in your postal application envelope. BLS will not be responsible for the loss of cash or the postal orders.
- Postal applications can be sent only to the Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver application Service Centers.
Please note that postal applications will not be processed until the correct fee + consular surcharge fee, service charge and courier is paid.
|BLS Service charge
|1||New OCI card (regardless of the age of applicant)||278||2.00||7.40|
|2||PIO card holder who was above 18 yrs of age at the time of issuance of PIO card||26||2.00||7.40||35.40|
|3||PIO card holder who was below 18 years of age at the time of issuance of PIO card||147||2.00||7.40||156.40|
|4||OCI Misc service [lost or damaged OCI card]||101||2.00||7.40||110.40|
|5||Re-issue of OCI card/Transfer of U- Visa sticker and change of personal particulars||26||2.00||7.40||25.40|
The Processing time mentioned here is a normal processing time, however this processing time is dependent on various factors, such as city of application, place of previous issue of your old passport, your current visa status etc, and may vary from time to time. Processing time mentioned here, do not include delivery time taken by courier companies. Incomplete applications will lead to delay of processing time and applicants will need to comply with any changes in the procedure that may occur during this time.
You are requested to make your travel arrangements only after receiving relevant service. BLS/HCI/CGI will not be liable for any claims of inconvenience or penalties should applicant need to make changes to their travel plans owing to the delays and/or any inconvenience caused due to any rejections.
|Ottawa Jurisdiction||Toronto Jurisdiction||Vancouver Jurisdiction|
Note: Applications sent by post will take additional 4-5 working days for processing.